Book Title: Proposal Writing for Nursing Capstones and Clinical Projects
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Author: Wanda Bonnel PhD GNP-BC ANEF
While advanced practice nursing students generally have good clinical skills, many lack the clinical scholarship capabilities that are required for writing scholarly proposals. The only resource of its kind, this is a practical guide for MSN project students and DNP capstone students who must plan and organize their clinical projects into quality proposals. It provides the requisite guidelines for integrating research and best evidence with clearly communicated professional objectives. The book's "how-to" approach helps to demystify the organization and packaging of advanced practice clinical projects into tight proposals.
The text includes an overview of basic scholarly approaches required for professional communication that support a diverse array of clinical project topics. Students interact with the content via ongoing prompts and questions that guide them in the kind of reflective writing that facilitates greater understanding of their projects and subsequent proposals. Chapters are organized into three broad sections with a logical flow toward completion of planning, writing, and communicating a project proposal. Each chapter is consistently organized to include objectives, tips for making proposals concise yet complete, and tools for self-assessment. Also included are key point summaries, reflective questions, and writing prompts. Additionally, the book provides plentiful checklists, five exercises that jump-start the process, examples of good writing, and additional resources for further study.
- Provides topflight guidance in proposal writing for nursing capstones and clinical projects
- Details parameters for integrating scholarship with clearly communicated professional objectives
- Contains numerous writing prompts and questions that guide students in reflective scholarly writing
- Includes a project triangle framework, exercises to jump-start the process, examples of good writing, reflective questions, and tools for self-assessment
- Offers helpful tips for making proposals concise yet complete