Book Title: Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: ECGs and the Heart
Author: Cynthia C. Chernecky
Using lighthearted cartoons and mnemonic tools, this easy-to-read guide simplifies and clearly explains the heart and how it works. It covers the principles of ECG interpretation, to help you understand ECG rhythm and its relationship to cardiac electrophysiology. The 2nd edition features two new chapters on normal sinus rhythm and idioventricular rhythms. Over 100 NCLEX® examination-style questions are included, with 2-3 rhythm strips at the end of most chapters, and 30 more at the end of the book to practice interpretation.
- Unique presentation of content allows students to survive and thrive.
- Material is presented using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage nursing students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- Consistent chapter format breaks down information into small units and reinforces an effective thinking process.
- Special icons for Lifespan Considerations, Cultural Implications, Web Links, and Cautions help the student quickly identify special content in the chapter.
- Memory-reinforcing interactive activities (including fill-in the blank, matching, word jumbles, true/false, and crossword puzzles) promote student learning.
- Clinical terms and shorthand expressions are highlighted in parentheses to expose students to terminology that they will hear in the hospital setting.
- Boxed Take Home Points provide the benefit of years of nursing experience that students can use to prepare for their clinical rotation.
- Original cartoon-character illustrations walk the student through difficult subjects with a lighthearted approach.
- Cover design and series title better identifies the series as a fun and simple review.
- What You Will Learn section provides chapter objectives for the reader to aid their navigation through the chapters.
- Over 100 NCLEX® examination-style review questions have been moved to the ends of chapters to immediately test student knowledge.
- 2-3 rhythm strips at the end of most chapters for students to practice interpretating.
- Two completely new chapters on Normal Sinus Rhythm and Idioventricular Rhythms.
- Rhythm Strip Test, containing 30 ECG strips, included at the end of the book to test students' knowledge.